Saturday 31 August 2013

Hope for the Commonwealth Games

Along with a colleague I have covered the World Youth Netball Championships for the past 10 days and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised.
The event organisers have been some of the most professional people I have worked with and it has got me thinking that as the same team will be involved in the organisation of the 2014 Commonwealth games then perhaps this great event may be a huge success.
It may just be the 17 years on the road that has bred my cynicism, but I had real concerns about whether we could pull it off.
I recently went through the accreditation process to allow me to work at the games and was considering whether I was doing the right thing, but now having experienced this I would urge all my colleagues to give some thought to signing up and talking in a once in a lifetime chance to be part of such a major event.

No comments:

Post a Comment